Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Leftovers

This Christmas I not only cooked a ham, but lamb as well. Unfortunately the lamb did not make it to the dinner table. I don't know why, but my lamb took way longer than my cookbook said and dinner was done before it was. I enjoyed some lamb with mint jelly as a late night Christmas snack, however I did not want to eat it that way for days on end. The gyros with tzatiki sauce hit the spot for a dinner and a lunch.
The herbed lamb stew warmed me on yet another cold night. Of the 2 I preferred the gyros even though they were not as good as the ones I've had while visiting my sister in N.C. . And of course I made navy bean and ham soup.
There were gingerbread men, but no house this year. Cherry bon-bon cookies, but no homemade candy. Pumpkin pie, but no cheesecake. The one thing I really wanted for Christmas no one can give, time. If I only had more time ......

No comments: