Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Favorite Place

Rimrock in the Allegheny National Forest is one of my favorite places close to home. Today was a perfect day for a visit since the temperature was 70 degrees and if you are doing any climbing you can work up a sweat.
You can catch a glimpse of the Allegheny Reservoir standing atop of one of the enormous rocks that has a railing to keep you secure. I spent a lot of time on the reservoir boating and camping in the forest with my family as a child - aah those were the days!










I enjoy climbing the rocks and ascending to the top of the behemoths that are scattered about the forest. Some of the giants can only be admired from the ground for they reveal no obvious way up unless your spiderman.

Having a camera in tow made climbing a little treacherous and I had to set it down on more than one occasion in order to get a secure hold to pull myself up. More photos to follow next post.


No comments: