Sunday, July 26, 2009

Time for Me to Fly

Like many teenagers that aren't successful the first time they take their drivers test this little fella had some troubles. My husband found him in the yard and because the nest was inaccessible it was time to come up with a plan or Dee-Dee would have made a snack of him !An Easter basket filled with straw was placed out of Dee-Dee's reach in the tree where his nest was. The rescue has been successful so far as mama robin has been tending to her fledgling with worms and berries.
Trying to get the nerve to take to the skies my son and I watched and waited, but alas it would not be. Young Bobbin Robin is still there this morning getting breakfast from mom. I've had my eye out for the cat and I see she had a successful hunt last night as an unlucky mouse lies on my porch.


I've watched mama robin chase away birds that have come to close to the nest and its interesting to hear the difference in the chirps Bobbin Robin makes when mama approaches with a tasty morsel. The little fella is preening now so maybe soon he'll try his wings again.

1 comment: